How To Use PartsView
Having problems watching our videos at your work computer? Try visiting partsview.us on your smartphone. Works great on iPhone and Android!
How to Search by Category
All part numbers in the Parts View database are categorized, grouped and subgrouped to simplify your searches. To SEARCH BY CATEGORY, make sure you have selected this tab from the 3 tabs at the top of the application area.
- To search by a main CATEGORY, select a category from the drop down menu labeled "Choose a Category" that is populated with all possible categories.
Select a GROUP from the drop down menu labeled "All Groups" that is populated with all possible subgroups related to the category selected. Select a SUBGROUP and MANUFACTURER the same way you selected a Group.
- You will notice that if you do not make a selection from the drop down menu it will display categories/groups/subgroup options to help you narrow your search.
- Click the button labeled "search" and all of the parts related to that category/group/subgroup will display as results.
Notice the line of text at the top of the search results that describes what you selected to get those results.
How to Search by Part Number
Part number searches can be done two ways -- by KONE part number or by Vendor/OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) part number.
Click on the tab titled "Search by Part Number" from the 3 tabs at the top of the application.
- You do not need to enter the full part number. For example, if you enter only "51" - the result is a list of parts that begin with "51" (but not "051").
- You can search with or without KONE prefixes (US, KM, DEE).
- Leading zeros are not required before or after a P- number on US parts.
- However, if a DEE or KM part number has leading zeros, include them (they are not filler numbers).
Enter a part number (or the first few numbers of a part number) in the white entry box.
- If you are searching for a KONE part number, click on the radio button left of the label marked "KONE Part Number.
- If you are searching for a vendor or OEM part number, click on the radio button left of the label marked "Cross Reference number"
- Click the button labeled "search," and the parts related to the number string you typed in the text box will display as results.
How to do a Full Text Search
- Click on the tab titled "Search by Text" from the 3 tabs at the top of the application.
- Enter the word or words you would like to search for and click the button labeled "search."
Remember, less is better.
Example: Enter the word "relay" in the white test entry box. The results should be a list of all parts containing the word "relay" anywhere in the name/description.
Example: If you enter "relays" with an "s" at the end, the addition of the "s" causes the exclusion of parts in the system listed as "relay" without the "s."
Example: If you are searching for comb segments, enter "comb" - the result will be a list of over 200 parts. If you enter "comb seg" - the result will be fewer parts listed. If you enter "comb segment" even fewer yet will result.
How to Use the Quote Cart
- Click on any ADD TO CART button associated to a part you wish to be quoted. This will add it to your Quote Shopping Cart, but does NOT YET forward the request.
- To see what has been added to your Quote Shopping Cart, find the words VIEW CART in the upper right corner of any screen. Beside the words VIEW CART is the total number of parts currently in your Cart. Click on the words VIEW CART to see the list of items you have selected. Quantities can be revised on this screen, as well as when you originally click on the ADD TO CART button for each part.
- To process your quotation request, make sure you are in the shopping cart. After you have verified that all information is correct, click on "PROCESS QUOTE". You will receive an immediate e-mail summarizing your quote request. Additionally, you will receive a confirmation from our Sales Team after they have processed your request for quotation.
If all required information is not completed, a dialog box appears to explain what information is missing.
When your quote is processed you get a confirming message.