“I can honestly say that in my 16 years ... you and your staff are the top of my list of favorites! You are always so pleasant and everyone seems so knowledgeable!”
You want the
you can get
between you and the
Escalator Parts and Elevator Parts for North America
You know the zombies we're talking about. The kind who wander into your work area while staring at their smart phones.
Barriers can be secured at both ends with locking, heavy-duty suction cups on swinging arms to ensure a secure and lasting hold to almost any surface.
Barriers can also be secured using optional locking clamps which fit around the handrail. Kit includes extendable 3 foot cable mechanism for adjustability.
A locking hinge design allows rigid, non-moveable panel coupling (patent pending).
The size of the barricade allows complete protection of the escalator / walk maintenance area, including removed access cover and open pit (Six 30” panels, 42” high).
Six (6) Fabric Safety Yellow panels over powder coated metal tubing frame with overall width of 180” to secure complete work area.
Excerpts from Elevator Employees’ Safety Handbook: Section 4.3 Escalator /Moving Walk Barricades
(a) Barricades shall be positioned to completely surround the escalator/moving walk from public access.
(b) Barricades shall be positioned to surround, from public access, floor opening created when equipment access plate(s) removed.
(c) Barricades shall be a minimum of 42” (1067 mm) high.
(d) Barricades shall be securely attached to the balustrades, handrails and/or floor.
(e) All sections shall be connected.
(f) A system shall be in place to keep the barricade rigid.
(g) Attach (barricade) securely to escalator balustrade with adjustable EZ Grip attachment
• Six (6) Sections with overall width of 180” to secure a complete work area
• Metal Tube Barricade (not cardboard or polypropylene)
• Fabric Panels in Safety Yellow
• Yellow Powder Coat Finish with non-marking rubber feet
• Portable, lightweight, durable, folds compactly
• Meets 42” Height Requirement
• Each section can be locked in place at any angle (most barricades have no locking or only 90°)
• Includes Two (2) Locking Suction Cups on Swinging Arms to ensure a secure and lasting hold to almost any surface
• Optional EZ Grip Clamp Kits fit around the handrail and include adjustable cables that can extend up to 3’, or that can be secured to the arms for use instead of suction cups
Locking Suction Cups hold securely to almost any surface, including drywall.
Part No. KM51124109R01
Swinging arms fasten to the barricade, and can be used with either the suction cups or the EZ Grip clamps (shown at right).
Part No. KM51124108
Optional EZ Grip clamp kits fit around the handrail and include extendable 3’ cable. Cable can also be used with suction cup application. Part No. KM51124110
We carry OEM parts for all major elevator and escalator brands:
KONE, Montgomery, O&K, Armor, MAC, Otis, Schindler, Dover, ThyssenKrupp, and many others!
We have features and exclusives!
Sign up today (so you don't miss any):
Hear about it before anyone else »